Chinese-Forums

沒有主語的文

Glenn

I have this sentence, and I'm wondering if it would be most natural to interpret the actor as 我:

就這次活動提出了許多方案。

It's in isolation as an example sentence. Or, perhaps it should be interpreted as passive? Or perhaps it's not a full sentence? What's the most natural interpretation?

first off, I'd say it should be 句子 not 文.

I would say that without a context it'd be hard to determine the subject referent of the sentence. I think that the subject is more often dropped in Japanese, but Chinese nonetheless still is a pro-drop language.

I'm not so sure about the interpretation as passive, usually for that the word order should be different, like 這本書出版了, but I haven't studied this phenomenon in great detail.

I was actually wondering about the appropriateness of 文. Thanks for pointing that out, and suggesting 句子.

I kind of thought the same thing about the passive interpretation, but still thought it might be a possibility. The translation doesn't offer much help, as it's 今回の活動に就いてたくさんのプランを提起した, which also doesn't have an explicit subject. It isn't passive, though, and it works as a full sentence, so just judging by it the original should be a full sentence in active voice as well. I guess I should just chalk it up to 誰誰 and be done with it.