Chinese-Forums

need your feedback for pronunciation samples

huaxia

Hi, all.

We are doing a class project. My students (2nd semester in Chinese) will post their pronunciation samples here in the following two weeks and would appreciate your constructive feedback.

I also hope that after we complete the course project, they will continue to enjoy using this site for their Chinese study and learn and contribute here.

Many thanks in advance.

(Meiguo fujingli) Le Fei : Su mishu, wo bu hui kan Zhongwen hanzi, qing ni bang wo mang ba?

Here " bang wo mang ba "(Could u pls help me ?) ,actually, You'd better to say " hao ma ? " .And to be native. " bang mang (help)" . In oral speaking, usually add one word ''ge (a) '' between these two words ---> "bang ge mang .

I suggest u change it to " qing nin bang wo ge mang hao ma ?"

yep, that's it . The remaining parts are correct . GOOD ~

Frank: Wei?

Dehua: Wei! Ba shi de, Ni Hao!

Frank: Ni Hao Ye Dehua.

Dehua: Ni chi le fan mei you a?

Frank: Wo mei chi, jin tian Wo hen mang.

Dehua: Ni mang shenme ne?

Frank: Wo you hen dou ZhongWen yao xue xi.

Dehua: Na yang… Wo chi fan zhi hou. Wo keyi bang ni.

Frank: Zhe yang hao a! Wo ye xiang chi fan, Wo qing ni!

Dehua: hao hao…

Frank: O! Wo jide jin tian wan shang you yi ge Wu hui.

Ni bang wo zhihou, women keyi qu wu hui.

Dehua: Na hai hao le, yi xia jian.

Frank: yi xia jian.

Dee & Frank's Dialogue Practice.mp3

Frank:喂?

Dehua:喂!白斯德, 你好!

Frank:啊! 你好 叶德华。

Dehua:你吃了饭没有啊?

Frank:我没有吃。今天我很忙。

Dehua:你忙什么呢?

Frank:我有很多中文要学习。

Dehua:那样。。。我吃饭只后,我可以帮你。

Frank:这样好啊!我也像吃饭,我请你。

Dehua:好,好。

Frank:哦!我记得今天晚上有一个舞会。你帮我忙只后,我们可以去舞会。

Dehua:那太好了,一下见。

Frank:一下见。

My friend and I's dialogue for my class.

I am person number 2.

I would love to hear feedback.

Thanks,

Dee & Frank's Dialogue Practice.mp3

I think there's a couple of double posts in here!! :D

hchoy: Pretty good, it sounds very halting though, almost as if you're speaking straight from the page. :mrgreen:

baiside: Again, pretty good, a bit of an accent, a slight problem with tones, some slight mis pronunciations, but nothing to write home about, just more practice :)

your partner dehuaye: There are a few tonal issues (you say chi3 at one point instead of chi1), but generally the pronunciation and tones are pretty good. :)

Sima07: Your tones need working on, because everything else is in place! :mrgreen:

Guan zheni: Same as Sima07- you're speaking pretty well, but your tones need more practice! :)

Morgoth777: Did you already post this elsewhere?

If not, then I'd say you need more practice in general, because though I think your pronunciation is ok at the moment, it sounds too halting and it's hard to understand because of that.

Usfmak: Very good actually. I think all of your tones were pretty much all there and correct. Your pronunciation of the sounds was also very good. It sounds, also, as if you've recorded that as an aside to your study as a request for people's help- if this was also the first attempt at this recording and you said this off the top of your head, then it means you're getting very capable at handling the language, so this is excellent if this is the case!