Chinese-Forums

Having problems with QQ and Pidgin

Pengyou

I recently installed a freeware program called Pidgin so that I don't have to type up my cpu and memory with so many chat programs. I have enjoyed it so far but have one problem. I use Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, AIM and QQ. I often have problems with the qq logging it. To resolve the problem, I have to start the qq program and get a message about my account not being secure...then have to go to the qq security center and usually have to create a new password. Sometimes this happens 3 times a day! My passwords are very, very secure. Is there some way to set up Pidgin so that I don't have to do this? It is really frustrating!

I also recieved a message telling me my QQ password is not secure, I didn't do naything because I only login my QQ in my private computer, so I don't think anyone could steal my account.

I'm now using it well and I didn't recieve a messgae since then.

I would also be interested in knowing if there is a resolution to this problem.

But, unfortunately, I think that right now Pidgin does not support QQ, since QQ doesn't like to allow users to use 3rd party clients... so, they constantly change their code, making old clients incompatible. They will probably continue to do this, so it's sort of a futile process of catching up.. .and you can't really win.

That's what I read, at least. I'd be happy to be wrong though, because I would love to use QQ with pidgin.