Chinese-Forums

need help finding a movie

ailuzhan

hey there,

i saw a movie on tv once when in china that i just can't manage to find any information on the internet about. I thought that maybe one of you guys might know it.

The plot is like this: a chinese teenage boy who lives in the city with his stepparents and little step sister is kind of fed up with his life in the city and goes back to the countryside by train in order to find his parents/mother. At the beginning of the film he inline skates around the city and there are a couple of animated cartoonlike scenes in which he faces some kind of "citymonster". After he's got on the train he soon notices his little step sister has followed him and he feels like this is a real pain in the ass since he wanted to quit all relations to his step parents since he especially dislikes his stepfather. On their journey they encounter many foreign people such as a criminal couple or a scary bearded man etc.pp.

The movie is a kind of road movie and has some superb shots of chinas countryside. Plus I think I remember the title saying something like "going away/home". The film should have been published outside of china since it featured english subtitles when i saw it.

If someone of you could help me with this issue I'd be very thankful since it's the most interesting chinese film visually-vise that i've seen so far. :)