Chinese-Forums

Moving from shenzhen into...

hisense

Long time I think about this and now I must realise this. But question is where ? I looking for nice clean city with cheap apartments rental or buy if is possible to find for 500-700k RMB 100m2 apartment.

I think about Zhuhai I'm married with Chinese girl and I live in Shenzhen over one year but I still use business visa with which I must go outside China every 30days so I think Zhuhai is the best choice I can always pick up ferry and go into Hong Kong same if I need visit Shenzhen then I can use ferry and be there very fast.

But how looks prices in Zhuhai ? Is cheap and good or same like a in Shenzhen with so expensive cost and traditional cheating everywhere ? I think about good quality life nice good style apartment and also western style food in shops and entertainement cost how this looks in Zhuhai I will be glad if someone can share with me experience about Zhuhai or other nice city.

Zhuhai is a beautiful city with clean air, but living there is not cheap. I have lived there twice, but only for a few months each time. I only rented and did not buy, but from what I've seen, housing prices are about like Shenzhen.

From Zhuhai, you can just walk across the border to Macao to renew your visa. No need to take the boat to Hong Kong.

Maybe you and your wife should just go have a look one weekend. Ferry from Shenzhen takes only about one hour.

Thank you all for reply. I will go soon for 1-2 weeks into Zhuhai and look at everything from inside.

@abcdefg

But as I saw few months ago Zhuhai apartments prices are not so expensive now in Shenzhen is crazy price for buy apartment is 20-30k RMB per m2 in only a little good location.

@BrandeX

Is with L visa is no problem later, this is Tourist visa from some experience I know business visa give in china a little more rights if someone try to make problems for me. Anyway I must check possibility for get D visa will be the best for me.

But as I saw few months ago Zhuhai apartments prices are not so expensive now in Shenzhen is crazy price for buy apartment is 20-30k RMB per m2 in only a little good location.

I am sure you can get a much better price than me because I am not Chinese and I am not very good at bargaining. Also, as I mentioned, I never looked at prices of houses to buy, because I only wanted to rent.

Small furnished apartments (50-60 m2) in Jida and Gongbei were 3,000 to 4,000 a month for a short term (six months) lease when I looked last summer. I thought that was pretty high. I didn't look in the other sections of Zhuhai.

I am glad you will go have a look for yourself, because that's the best way to really find out.

Anyway I must check possibility for get D visa will be the best for me.

D visas no longer exist.

...As told to me when I asked why it wasn't listed on the form when I was renewing my L visa last year at the main PSB in for Guangdong in Guangzhou. It was then suggested I apply for the "Chinese Green Card" when I reached the 5 year in country requirement.