Chinese-Forums

Visa Clarification

Mu Lan

I plan to leave for China in about a week (first time!) and I just received my visa. I applied for a tourist visa, single entry, valid for 30 days.

My visa says:

Category: L

Entries: M(多)

Enter before: May 18 2011

Duration of each stay: 060 days after entry

It looks like they gave me a multiple entry, 60 day visa. Not that I'm objecting. Can anyone with (any) China visa experience confirm this? I just want to make sure I know what I got into. Maybe I can change my plans to take advantage?

Yes, you have a one-year multiple-entry tourist visa. You can stay up to 60 days each visit, and can enter on that visa -- with a full 60-day stay -- through May 18, 2011.

Under a reciprocal agreement, these visas are commonly given to Americans these days, and perhaps some other nationalities as well.

Actually you can stretch it a little longer - come in on May 17th next year, and you can enjoy another 60 days. The enter before date isn't an expiry date. (edit: Sorry, I think that is what 889 is saying, didn't read properly)

I'm glad to see this "visa feud" between the USA and China is thawing a bit. Previously, it seemed getting that type of visa was next to impossible, single-entry 30 days stays was all that I got.

@Mu Lan, FWIW, if you really want to take an ultra extended trip beyond 60 days, it's pretty easy to do with that visa. All you need to do is every 60 days (or less) just hop over to a neighboring country for a day (or more, if you like) and come back.

@Mu Lan, FWIW, if you really want to take an ultra extended trip beyond 60 days, it's pretty easy to do with that visa. All you need to do is every 60 days (or less) just hop over to a neighboring country for a day (or more, if you like) and come back.

That's true, haha. I don't think I'll do that this trip, but it's certainly got me thinking about another trip in the not too distant future.