Chinese-Forums

Leaving Prior To Scholarship Notification.

kongli

Hello!

I have applied for the Chinese Government Scholarship but, as I am sure many of you already know, I have yet to be notified of my acceptance/rejection.

Nonetheless, I want to head over to China around the end of June on a tourist Visa. However, if I am granted the scholarship will I able to switch visa status in country? The materials will all be mailed to my parents address so presumably they could then forward them to me in China.

Is this possible? Or will I be forced to stay in the U.S. until I receive notification?

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give!

Kong Li

Seems quite common to switch from a tourist to a student visa, so should be possible. However you'd want to make sure you have enough time on that tourist visa to do so, and would probably be best to consult with the school first.

Natra- If I get awarded the scholarship I plan to live off of the monthly stipend and English tutoring jobs. If I don't get the scholarship I plan to find a full time english speaking job in country. Other than that I have some money saved for a buffer between my start of the scholarship or finding a stable teaching job.

Does this plan seem feasible to you?