Chinese-Forums

No Rush Service + Docs Required For French In Hk Anymore

tortue

Hi all,

two weeks ago we were in HK and surprised by the new regulation (may 10) that issuing a visa would take 4 days (including submission). We were surprised as well by the fact that this is only valid for french nationals, however this is something I read on the net.

Additionally, you need to show a health insurance covering you in china, along with a paper attesting your residence - even for a Z application.

Cheers,

Chris

edit: sorry for the screwed topic subject :)

Where did you read it on the net? I can't see anything about new rules (which doesn't mean they don't exist, of course).

I seem to remember reading something about making people wait a few days for visas, to discourage quick visa runs I think.

Where did you read it on the net?

At the shanghaiexpat forum. I found it odd as well it was only for french. Another unconfirmed rumor I heard from a friend who just applied in Paris is that has a connection to Sarkozys visit in China lately - but that's just rumors.

What I know for sure is that what I wrote is at least the case for french nationals. And that the visa officer put a hadwritten 法国 on the receipt.