Chinese-Forums

Chinese Consulate Hong Kong To Shenzhen Airport

tortue

Hi,

since the question comes up from time to time here some details about one option for this trip:

CTS (china express coach) runs a bus service from their agency at Wan Chai (which is a 10 minutes walk from the chinese consulate) to SHZ Airport.

Departures are currently at

07:05 08:05 10:05 11:05 12:05 13:05 14:05 15:05 16:05

17:05 18:05 20:05

Takes about 2 hours, said to be 2h30 max. You change the bus at the border without long waiting. Cost 100HK$, buy the ticket at the agency right next to the southern Hennessy Road exit of Wan Chai metro station. I found it very convenient, and I doubt you can do it much faster or significantly cheaper - considering the metro to the border is already 45.

There are four other stops from east to west on the island, check out

http://ctsbus.hkcts.com/routes/hk/hk_airport.html

I think however they don't operate SHZ->HK - is there an equivalent?

I think however they don't operate SHZ->HK - is there an equivalent?

How do you think the bus gets back to its starting point? they only go one way? ;)

of course, they do.

there is actually more than one company with cross-border bus link, here is a good summary:

http://annatam.com/category/hong-kong/hk-shenzhen-transport/

How do you think the bus gets back to its starting point? they only go one way? ;)

of course, they do.

Maybe they serve another route on the return. The buses do not cross the border anyway, and the timing when changing the bus at the border is perfect, impossible to meet that at a one-hour frequency from both sides. Also they only list "north bound" and neither "south bound" nor "return trip" in the timetable, and there's no timetable for the other direction.

Anyway, your link listing a couple of options is not bad...