Chinese-Forums

Buying Books And Music Videos In Shanghai

Meng Lelan

I'm going to be in Shanghai for 48 hours this July. I was going to spend an afternoon at the Expo but now I think I would rather spend the morning touring the Bund and the afternoon looking for Chinese language teaching materials and music videos. Anyone got any suggestions where to go that's near the Bund? I haven't been to Nanjing Lu in like 20 years....

that is an easy question...

Shanghai Foreign Language Bookstore (Waiwen Shudian)

390号 Fuzhou Rd, Huangpu, Shanghai - 021-63223200

Probably has the most choices of Chinese study materials... though avoid the assistances who are focussed on getting you to buy Chinese study software.

• Like 1

Yes, the obvious one is the one Radial mentioned.

You can also look in 上海书城 which is also in Fuzhou Road, just about 2 minutes walk down the road from the Foreign Language Bookstore, on the opposite side of the road. You can't really miss it as it's a huge building standing on its own. However, you'll probably find that most of what they have is also stocked by the Foreign Language bookshop (although it's probably slightly cheaper).

• Like 1

Ok, thanks for the replies. Actually I was hoping to find Shanghai's equivalent of the Beijing 图书大厦. Books and music vids are what I want, not software. In fact I'm going to be trying to find the 语文 textbooks that are used at the high school level.