Chinese-Forums

Convert Gz Residence Permit To Bj Student Visa

totgafk

Hello, I've worked in Guangzhou for two years and I have a Residence Permit that is set to expire in September 2010....

In July, I will move to Beijing and I work until late August.

In September, I will start studying Chinese full-time at Tsinghua.

Consequently, I would like to know what the process is for converting my Residence Permit to a Student Visa (or work visa, if possible).

Do I need to do the medical exam, etc. (considering that I already have the residence permit)?

Thanks for the help!

Do you have a work visa in Guangzhou now? if you would study full time in Tsinghua, then you would get a student visa once you start with Tsinghua.

For July and August, I think you can still use your visa, if you would rent an apartment here in BJ, then the landlord can register you in local police station and give you a new residence form.

my suggestion, please be sure to check with Tsinghua see if what visa options they have for you and see if they can convert your current visa to a student visa. As for medical exam, my experience, student visa extension or visa conversion, you won't need a medical exam.