Chinese-Forums

Hsk Oral Test

boubou

办法很总,问题很多

Now, I don't concider my spoken Chinese to be amazing, far from that, but how in the world and I supposed to talk about this for 2 minutes???

I took the spoken exam today, only to find myself pannicked about the process. Small cubicule, fast spoken recordings that I had to repeat and pictures that were pretty damn hard to talk about in English, so forget about Chinese!

I seriously feel like a bit of a an idiot at the moment, maybe I should have taken the begginer test instead of the intermediate but seriously, this exam was a little overwelming. Give me something to talk about that isn't philosophy or a picture of a guy on a cell phone?

I know for sure I've failed this, possibly I'll do better next time (being mentally prepared for what's coming...)

Anyone else had problems with this spoken exam?

I took the oral exam a while back. As far at the pictures go one of the things you can do is just literally describe what is happening in the pictures. Like "a man is looking out the window", after describing,in detail, what you see in the picture you can then make a story up. LIke "The man is talking on the cell phone with his mother, he is smiling because he just was told that his mother would be able to visit him for the new year" or something like that. I think in this test the difficult part is being able to make up a story of some sort in a quick amount of time.