Chinese-Forums

Renewing an F-Visa once in China?

Laurent2222

Hello,

I'm planning to study in China for 3 months on an F-Visa. However, once in China, I may decide to stay and study for 3 more months (so a total of six). So I was wondering, will I be able to renew my F-Visa for 3 more months once in China?

Laurent

you can extend visa twice in china at the local chinese immigration department, usually for a fee of couple of hundred rmb. each extension will give you 1 mth extra stay, which makes a total of 5 mths. after that you have to leave for hongkong and get a visa back, unless you have a rare chance being offered to stay by an influencial agency/institution.

most cases that would be it, stay 5 mths, then get out and get in. and be warned, if you planned to take any trip (especially by air) when in china, make sure your visa extension is properly done before the day you planned to board the plane. dont try to do visa extension 2 days before flight, you wont get your passport back in time and you will not board the plane without a passport. you cant tell the customs your passport is with the immigration but you want to board the plane or train now. you will lose your ticket and mess up your plans. visa extensions usually takes 5 working days. you can ask for express service with valid reasons, but the criteria is not disclosed. usually death of immediate family can get you an extension, but of cos your family isnt in china so thats a moot point.