Chinese-Forums

Confused on Visa Process

kongli

I just received my invitation letter from the school I will be studying at and the 'Visa Application for Study in China'

However, the admission notice states "You can apply for the student Visa (X Visa) to the Chinese embassy or consulate in your country with this Admission Notice, Visa Application for Study in China, the original copies of your Physical Examination Record for Foreigner and your blood test reports. Please note that you must register with these materials, at the International Students Office of our University on September 7, 2010"

Problem is, I already sent them my Foreign physical Exam form. Do I need to get another examination? Or do I just apply to get the Visa with my Admission notice and JW201 from Travisa or other Visa handling websites?

If so, why do they want me to register with these materials at the International students office? Obviously I need to mail these off in order to get the Visa, right?

Please help me make sense of this, cause I am thoroughly confused.

Thanks,

Kongli

should have made a few photocopies and sent them the copies. keep the originals and a set of copy with you. when you reached china then you show them the originals. they'll take a week to process all the new-comers, so dont need to give them originals in-advance. if they lose it while dealing with the hundreds of sets of documents, you gotta do another test in china for 50 bucks.

always keep the originals with you, whatever documents required, try give them the copies whenever possible no matter what they say. unless its a visa renewal, for that you gotta give them your passport for a couple of days.

the best solution is two or three copies all written and signed by your doctor. every piece is original. i made 4 copies when i went there, 2 written ones and 2 duplicate of the written ones, and it saved me a lot of trouble. the immigration department says they need originals but they'll take duplicates if there is no choice. i've seen it many times.

Hey,

Thanks for your reply.

But then do I send the original JW201 and Invitation letter when I apply for the Visa? OR will they need those originals to register me once I get to the school?

Thanks again,

Kongli

JW201 for visa usually original, cos you have to give it to the ambassy/consulate and they need to see the school's red seal. but then again you should make a few copies keep it with you just in case. other countries i'm not sure but freak accidents do happen with chinese offices.