Chinese-Forums

Logo

JamaisVu

Hi everybody!

First i would like to state, that I know absolutely nothing about the Chinese language. I have been travelling a fair bit in the south of Asia but have only been in Hong Kong once.

So my experience and knowledge about the Chinese culture and language is quite limited. Hence this, probably rather simple question:

I am designing a logo for a new course at Aalborg University in Denmark (www.aau.dk). The course is called Global Business Development and is a fusion between industrial engineering, international economics and international law.

It is easy to argue, that one of the great economical ventures of our time is the venture into China. Therefore I would like to include some of the beautiful Chinese characters in the mentioned logo.

I know that this isn't exactly a translation forum, but I do feel better communicating with people than with an online auto-translator. Especially when it comes to Chinese since i have no way of checking whether or not the translation is right.

So if any of you out there, could show me a way to write "We Can" in Chinese (In the sense of "we are able") i would be eternally grateful. Maybe there is even different ways of expressing it (i could easily imagine), anyway if anyone would comment on it I would be very grateful.

Thank you for taking your time reading my post.

JamaisVu

could show me a way to write "We Can" in Chinese (In the sense of "we are able")

the literal translation for 'we can' is 我們能夠, 我們可以.

But chinese seldom say in this way. You may try this one: 我們做得到! (We make it done!)

If you only want to pick up a character that fits the logo size,

why don't you pick up the character 博 (plentiful, rich, sometimes means literate ) which is similar to the sound of "borg" in Aalborg.