Chinese-Forums

Studying online from China?

SirDude

Hello Everyone!

It's been a while since I have posted, funny how life changes! I do love the look at the forum!

Anyway, my question is, has anyone run into any problems studying US college classes online while living in China?

I am still here in the US while I'm working towards my degree and want to take more classes online. So I thought I might be able to study and visit China at the same time.

Thanks for any information,

SirDude

Not exactly what you're asking, but I studied an Australian online course for one semester when I was in China.

I didn't encounter any problems at all, but it might depend on the nature of the online study. Accessing foreign websites from China can be slow, so if you're expecting to be viewing a lot of videos or audio it might be annoying. Substantial research through journals would probably be slow too I expect.

I would think most of the online classes would be basic math, english, etc. But I hear some topics get censored, so that is more of what I was worried about. A friend of mind has been working on his degree for years from Europe, but I never heard of Europe blocking Google, etc.

Thank you for your reply.

SirDude

• 1 month later...