Chinese-Forums

L Visa one month extension -cost

gorae

Can someone please let me know what to expect as a reasonable cost for a ONE month L visa extension? I contacted an agency I found online, and they quoted a fee of 2600RMB. Well, that seems a bit high. I did a little research and if I can get it done at the PSB on Xinkai Rd Dalian -- if figured I would have to pay about 200.

Any body have experience with this? Also I was planning on a 6 day trip out of China - then returning- is 6 days long enough to be gone before re-entry?

Mahalo,

Christina

You say you're from Hawaii, so you should be aware that some PSB offices, perhaps most, now treat an extension as equivalent to issuance of a new visa and charge Americans the standard fee for issuing a new visa, that is, the RMB equivalent of US$140.

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

A multiple entry, if extended past the 30 or 60 day limit, is canceled. A new visa is issued - but certainly not a multiple entry, 60 day, one year visa like the one I was issued in USA. So the best thing is to exit and enter China before the 60 days are up. Well, I am in Dalian and the closest exit/entry is Korea. Too bad the airline tickets are an arm and a leg - it is summer and the planes are full, and prices high. So a suggestion was made to me that I take the train to Erenhote, (Erlian) and cross into Mongolia. This is the "el cheapo" although, time consuming way. Too bad it was Mei You, Mei You, 没有,没有 - one week in advance of travel at the train station ticket office in Dalian. There were only hard seats available and only Dalian to Beijing. Nothing from Beijing to Erlian. I tried agents, and I tried to get train tickets for Shenzhen and no go - every seat is gone. So I had to get a plane ticket to Shenzhen and I plan to cross at Huanggang tomorrow. In the end the plane ticket was more than I wanted to pay, BUT still cheaper than the 2600 rmb that the original visa agent quoted me. Thanks again for all the comments and help.

FYI, Elong's showing tickets Dalian to Seoul and back in the next couple of days for 2213Y inc tax. Obviously can't actually buy them to check they actually exist, but I'm flying Beijing to Seoul and back next week and paid roughly that - although I booked a few weeks ago. Tokyo might also be an option from Dalian.

I think there's also a ferry to Incheon.