Chinese-Forums

How to access Youku series?

AlexanderH

There is a firefox plugin http://chinachannel.hk/ that let's you access the web as if you were in china. It is supposed to highlight censorship issues, but I found it useful for things like this.

The only thing is it's not maintained anymore and hasn't been updated to work with the latest firefox. Anyway depending on how much you want to watch it you could try that with an older firefox version.

Also if anyone knows something similar that works with the latest firefox let me know!

I have the same situation here (Louisiana). And it's not just that: if you pause it, it'll stop loading. If you try to move the progress bar (what's that thing called, anyway?) back, what you had already loaded will disappear and you'll have to wait for it to load again. It's taken me 2 or 3 hours to watch 45-minute shows before because of that. And that's when I get lucky and I'm not seeing it at about 2 frames per second.