Chinese-Forums

2x 180 days L visa

Sp0cK

Last year I was in Australia and got a L visa of 2 entries of 180 days each stay without any problem. Though funny thing is right now I'm back in the Netherlands and just rang up the chinese embassy in the hague and they mentioned that a L visa of 90 days already requires certain documents. (I have a dutch passport)

In other words I've got my L visa with my dutch passport in Australia so much easier being able to stay in China for a full year without any hassles.

Are the chinese visa's really this twisted? I figured I will fly my way to australia for a 3000rmb return ticket and get my L visa that way.

because 1. I don't want to go to class every day (Which would cost 5000rmb a semester.) - plus I prefer self study over classes.

and 2. I don't want/need to teach/work full time in order to get a visa.

Would it really make sense to fly halfway across the world to get a L visa in this case?

any ideas/suggestions are welcome!

Would it really make sense to fly halfway across the world to get a L visa in this case?

Not without checking that they will give it to you first :P

It is not normal for Chinese consulates in Australia to give more than single entry 180 day tourist visas, and those only to former Chinese citizens.

Out of curiosity where in Australia did you get the visa? Did you go to a consulate directly or through an agency?