Chinese-Forums

Pets on a Train?

doumeizhen

We are planning on moving to China with our cat kitty, and we have everything figured out, save whether or not we can take her on a train. I've read that you can "check them"... how does that work? Do all trains allow this. We're hoping to bypass the 30 day quarantine in Beijing...

It is difficult to say... Many years ago, we moved home within China and we secretely carried our cat on a train and hid her the whole night in a basket in case the conductor found out...

If you are a foreigner, probablly, you would get more attention from the train conductor. It may not be easy to hide...

I feel sorry that I am telling something may violate the train policy... How about you consult the train station when you buy the ticket...

hello,i'm new here.it's forbid taking pets on a train with you.but you can check her(means pets consigned),but not all the train stations have the service and it will a little difficult,pets consigned in a train station will do some danger to your pet if there's no one take care of her.

so i advise ,first of all,you should take her to the quarantine station and get a permit,that's very necessary.

1.take her by bus.

2.some compay can help you on this,it's not difficult to find one.they are professional of pets consigned,and you also need more advice from friends who live in China.

3.you also can transact pet consigned by plane.

4.of course you can hid her on you,cover her under you clothes or something on you,i'm sorry give you this adivse.

in the end,there's something you should know if you get pet consigned by plane,it's chinese website http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/16682239

• Like 1

Jane_PA - I don't think this cat could be hid... it sounds like you have a really nice cat!

And Roddy - Long time no see indeed! Thank you for that link. It's a good start, and I think I'll call and follow up with the train station...

• 1 month later...

Update!

Kitty is now safe and sound with us here in the 'Jing. We ended up flying through Tianjin so that Kitty could avoid certain incarceration periods, and were able to board the express train to Beijing by presenting our international health certificate. No problem! I think there is a separate health certificate that the department of trains issues, but as said, ours was accepted after we told them we'd just landed and used this certificate to bring Kitty into China.