Chinese-Forums

BJ: Wudaokou

ChouDoufu

I quite like Wudaokou, I'm probably up there a couple of times a week. I got into the habit of going there when I first got to Beijing, and used to go and sit in Sammie's and study. Since then there have been so many places opened up - I don't usually go out there at night, just during the day on a weekend or an early evening through the week to do some work on my laptop (Sculpting in Time has the only reliable WLAN connection I've found in Beijing, although I think Lush and Thinkers also have them).

On the downside I went into Sammie's recently after a trip to the BLCU bookshop, and the place was dead - I spoke to the staff and they were saying that since all the new places up on Wudaokou opened up, their custom has really suffered.

Roddy

yeah.. sammies isn't what it used to be. They should redesign the place, make it nicer.. a couch or something.. it was only good before because there weren't other places. I definitely reccomend wu for the occasional party night.. you'll at least get a different scene...