Chinese-Forums

Flash card program for reviewing in class

jalan-jalan

• New Members

Hello everybody,

I've been visiting this forum and reading on it for some time now - threads turn up a lot in Google when I'm looking for some very specific stuff about learning Chinese. It seems there are a lot of people on this forum with much knowledge about flash card programs and experience using them. When I study Chinese myself I always use Anki now, and that works very well for me.

Because I'm teaching English in China and the kids have a hard time remembering the words, I want to use a flash card program in class. It would be ideal if they would study at home but this is probably difficult for some of them, for different reasons.

I've tried using a flash card program called teach2000 for practicing new words in class and have reviewed a few lessons now. So far it works pretty well and the kids like it, but it doesn't have a function for systematically reviewing things, so it will become complicated to manage after some time.

The reason I don't use Anki, and many other programs that work in the same way, is that the intervals used for review are always counted in hours, days, weeks, etc. Since they only have classes on the weekends these intervals are not suitable. I know you can set the exact time for intervals or put them "on hold", but I can't think of a way to keep that simple.

What I think would be most suitable for this purpose is to have something where the intervals are per session, where a session is every time you open the program (maybe with a minimum of 12 hours or so between them). Then they could review this lesson's words next time, then skip two classes and review, then skip five classes and review, etc. (whatever good intervals would be).

It would also be good to be able to roughly rate them as "easy", "ok" or "hard".. for the class.

Does anyone know of a program where the intervals go per "session" rather than per period of time? If there are any other ideas how to use Anki or programs like it for this purpose that would be good.. it just gives me a headache thinking about it now.

Thanks,

Chris

You could try quizlet.com

It's learn program makes you repeat words you have gotten wrong.

It has way to make quizes which help for classes.Also there are two games a matching game and a speed typing game.

Have fun,

SImon:)