Chinese-Forums

拜托 and 求求

ankong

When you just ask someone to help you, you use "拜託". If you beg someone to help you, then you use "我求求你".

For example, when your wife wouldn't stop complaining to you about the neighbours, you could say "我求求你不要再說了". :wink:

Skylee and Xiaomawang, Thank for your help.

I saw an example given by xiaomawang, I'd like to ask one more questions. I wonder that can we use '求求' instead of '拜托' in general case? For example,

我有一封信,想拜托你带给他.

我有一封信,想求求你带给他.

I understand that the degree of request for helping is quite difference.

'求求' means I really need your help, if you don't give me a help, I will be in trouble or serious situation. Is it right?

I wonder that can we use '求求' instead of '拜托' in general case? For example,

我有一封信,想拜托你带给他.

我有一封信,想求求你带给他.

In general case, you can't use '求求' instead of '拜托' with the reason you already known. Think in these ways:

我有一封信, 想拜托你带给他. The background could be, you do me a favour which is just a piece of cake for you, because you will see him few days later. If you say no, sb still could do it, or even I could mail him.

我有一封信, 想求求你带给他. Background could be, you are one of a few people who could pass the letter to him. If you say no, most likely I've no chance to pass the letter to him.

Thank guys! I understood your explanation.

Let me ask more question about '麻烦'. Can we use this word in the same way of '拜托'?

For example, 我有一封信, 想麻烦你带给他.

If I misunderstand, could you please explain to me 'how' and 'when' to use it?

Thank!

麻烦你 is a more polite way of asking. It means to bother someone, or give them some inconvenience, but usually nothing major.

(想)麻烦你带给他. I wouldn't use the 想 here.

"Could I trouble you to give him my letter?"

麻烦你帮我一个忙.

"Can I trouble you to do me a favor?"

麻烦你再给我一杯啤酒.

"Could I trouble you to get me another glass of beer?"

你见到他的时候麻烦你让他打电个话给我.

"When you see him, could I trouble you to ask him to call me?"

Use it when the request is moderate in order to sound more modest in your speech. Don't use it if the situation is desperate, or even if your request really is a big 麻烦.I think it would sound silly, or possibly even rude, to say something like:

我的女朋友现在在昆明的外面,没办法回来.她让我去接她,但是我想看的足球赛刚开始了!麻烦你开你的车去接她吧.

"My girlfriend is outside of Kunming right now with no way to get back. She wanted me to go pick her up, but the football game I wanted to see just started. Could I trouble you to take your car and go get her for me?"

For a request like this, maybe you had better use 求求.

8)