Chinese-Forums

第101次求婚

ChouDoufu

I've started watching this series on BTV-2. It's an adaptation from the Japanese dorama of the same name (101st marriage proposal). I like the concept of the series and stuff, but the main female star doesn't seem to speak mandarin. her voice is done in this really bad dum. It's like watching the old kung-fu movies, only she's the one that is speaking out of sync. Everyone else is fine.

Why would they do this? why not just give the part to someone chinese (I think she's korean). I know that there has been more moves to have 合作(my english is getting so bad!!) between China and korea, but if this is the result... It's not very good. anyone seen it? any thoughts?

Lucky you. I was just thinking how I can get hold of a set of DVD of this series. How is it?

The female lead is called 崔智友 (Choi Ji-woo), one of the top korean stars. She was the female lead of the famous korean series "Winter Sonata". And she is really popular throughout Asia (I am a half-fan). This is why.

And again this is the beautiful opening of "Winter Sonata" ->

http://mobile.kbs.co.kr/new/htm/global/image/winter2.wmv

And this is the Japanese teaser of her latest series "Stairway to Heaven" -> here

It's watchable. Sometimes I think I like it and other times I'm not quite sure. I really like 崔智友's sister in the show. She's a hottie. I also think the tall guy delivers some pretty decent performances. I sort of like the main c haracter from the Japanese series more though. In that one, the guy is a complete loser at everything. In this series, the main character is the best chef in Shanghai. More pitiable = more likeable.

She may be one of the top actresses around, but they couldn't pay to have her voice-coached? plenty of american movies have people who can't speak a foreign language, but they are coached in pronunciation--they end up sounding half-ok (which is better than dubs). An example would be kill bill. Japanese people and people with strong Japanese could tell the difference, but the average smuck couldn't...

It's true.. most of my tv channels seem to be out of sync even when mandarin is the language it was recorded in. Iguess Chinese people are used to watching it, but i hate seeing that kind of thing. Can't stand it at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out that ATV in Hong Kong has started showing this series this week. :clap I haven't seen the Japanese original before, so I hope this one is good.

It is strange that Choi Ji-woo looks so unlike a Chinese. Is it that her face is too white? Or is she too tall? ???