Chinese-Forums

Coming as student, but only visiting?

electric

I'm supposed to be coming to BLCU next month to study...

Due to a lot of reasons, which is irrelevant here, I think I am staying in the states. Can't afford to lose my job here right now.

My question is, would I be able to visit Beijing on my student visa, and leave two or three weeks later? I know there would be no problems entering, but would it cause any problems upon leaving, considering I didn't really go as a "student"? Would it cause any problems to get another visa, whether as a student/worker/visitor in the future?

i went to Chengdu on an X visa this year to study, however due to circumstances back home i had to return 2 weeks after arriving. I had no problems at customs. As far as I know with a x visa u have 30 days to have a medical and get your residence visa, if not you have to leave, so if you stay under 30 days should be no problem, but if you are worried you can always contact your local Chinese embassy and ask them

• 4 weeks later...

A bit worried now. Guess the timing is bad, but a friend just warned me otherwise when I had no negative feedback about this a month ago when I first made the decision.

Tomorrow I am traveling to Beijing on a student X visa. I got cold feet for the whole studying for a year thing and decided to turn this into an 18-day visit, already changed my flight to a roundtrip.

I'm not afraid to enter. I have all the necessary documents to be a student, and I am leaving before the 30-day requirement to get a residence permit.

But my concern is going as a "student", and not attending classes, let alone even registering... will this cause any problems when leaving the country?

One friend suggested I go to the US Embassy to get advice. Maybe I can change the visa to a tourist visa when I arrive?

Merged with the identical topic you posted a month ago . . .

Seriously, there's nothing they can do - the folk at immigration really don't care. There is absolutely zero chance of you being frogmarched back to BLCU or forced to hand over a year's tuition fees at Beijing airport. I'd be surprised if they even ask, and if they do it'll likely be idle curiosity.