Chinese-Forums

在。。。。方面有所建树

Scoobyqueen

I recently gave a presentation ending with a phrase that we were going to be visiting some companies which offered services in the area of quality control, x, y.

A Chinese person kindly suggested the following phrase but didnt have time to explain its use:

现在我们一同去参观五个参展商的展览,这五个参展商分别在质量管理,xxx,xxx方面有所建树

I would like to understand if 在。。。。方面有所建树 can be used every time you want to say a company is involved in xyz. If so that would be a useful phrase for presentations etc. Can anyone give any examples for this type of context.

在。。。。方面有所建树 is quite formal, implying that they are excellent and have acquired important position in those fields, not only involved...

E.g. ABC公司在金融、证券、房地产等多个领域都有所建树。ABC company have made many achievements in finance, securities, real estate and other fields.

There are many other phrases of this kind: ABC公司在。。。。方面拥有先进技术/处于国际领先水平。

You may try our Chinese Phrase book: http://www.hnhsoft.com/

Holiday have given an explanation in details. I have something to add. 在。。。。方面有所建树 is more frequently used to praise somebody. We can say: 张教授在系能源方面有所建树. It means that Professor Zhang has made a great contribution on new energy.

As for me, I don't feel good to say 某公司有所建树. 我个人觉"在。。。。方面有所建树",得是一种人格化的用法,一般我们说某人有所建树。

• Like 1

I don’t think the subject of 建树 has to be a person or group of people. According to Modern Chinese Dictionary (现代汉语词典 商务印书馆2002年增补本), 建树 is 建立起来的功绩(功:功劳;绩:业绩); if a person can has 建树, I can’t see any reason why a company cannot.

张教授在新能源方面有所建树。 I would translate it as:

Prof. Zhang has made quite a lot of achievements in the field of new energy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...