Chinese-Forums

Warriors of Heaven and Earth

Quest

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched it today. It is a big, well-produced, quite well-acted Chinese western movie with a lot of action and killing etc. I like how the western towns look (something like star wars) and how people are dressed. The head of bandits (Master An) is really cool. But Zhao Wei's character is quite unnecessary.

But is it a good movie? Personally I think not. A good movie to me is one which in the middle of watching it I say to myself, "wow, this is great, I am gonna watch it again", and then afterwards I call my friends immediately to recommend it. Most recently, this happened when I watched "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon", "Together" and "Inferanl Affairs". Not this one. The story is weak. And not touching at all.

Here is a review about the movie. I fully agree that "Warriors isn't up there with Crouching Tiger and Hero." No, not even "Hero".

The DVD of "Green Tea", also featuring Jiang Wen and Zhao Wei, is now on top of my desk. I am gonna watch it once I have finished re-reading "倚天屠龍記". Hope it is better than "Warriors".