Chinese-Forums

安沙瑞X 獎

yonglan

I mentioned (via email) the Ansari X Prize to a Taiwanese friend, who has a Ph. D. in engineering and is generally up to date in all things scientific and technological, and he asked what is that? So I went to search in Chinese (baidu, yahoo.com.tw, and Google HK) and could only get old stories. I don't check the papers regularly, so could someone tell me if the Chinese language papers (in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, and Singapore) missed this? Can't be, but web searches for 安沙瑞X 獎 or just X 獎 turn up nothing new (October 4th new) in Chinese on the aforementioned Chinese language search engines.

You mean reports like these? (Try to search "Ansari X" with the double quotation marks.) The common translation of the award seems to be "安薩里X獎".

Ming Pao (HK) -> 私營太空船舵手﹕太空總署已沒落 (6 Oct 04)

Epohtimes -> 首架民營太空船試飛成功 太空旅遊指日可待 (5 Oct)

中國經濟網 -> 美私营太空船5天内两发成功 夺千万元大奖 (5 Oct)

四川在線 -> 美私营太空船5天内两发成功 夺千万美元大奖 (5 Oct)

Thanks. This is yet another instance where I find that the difference between simplified and traditional characters may not be such a big problem when compared to the difference between Chinese names for foreign things/people in Taiwan and China :conf