Chinese-Forums

Chinese Gender Roles

CookieFactory

Hi maybe your from China so not aware but western women have no concept of normal marriage. Of course yes there is a lot of useless men here too but in general, western girls are rude, selfish because they are indoctrinated with idea of gender versus gender since they are born. This leads to bad attitude as loyalty to their husbands is repulsive ideas to them.[/b'] I am US born so, familiar of what goes here and it is very unfortunate.

Here in the UK 'loyalty' means staying with someone no matter what happens. It does not mean doing whatever your husband/boyfriend says. Your definition of loyalty sounds controlling and threatens their right to equal status with men, and this is probably why they get angry and upset with you. It's a culture clash. I'm assuming here that American culture is similar to British culture in this respect.

As for calling woman a woman, if very offensive to her then she obviously has no respect for men and thinks she is equal in all ways which leads to bad attitudes formed.

Really? How does equality between men and women lead to bad attitudes?

• 3 weeks later...

Just when you thought this thread was going to die...Bumperoo! I had a few comments that I couldn't resist...

I asked her [are u haveing some trouble woman?]

Haha, I can't believe someone said that! Might as well say something like, "Ey' woman, git over 'ere and do me some cookin!" (In the American southern accent) :mrgreen:

Most chinese men are evil, and this proves it without a doubt.

Wow! I've never seen a man hit a woman on the streets in the 3 years I've been here. I have however seen some girl slap her boyfriend in public and had to be held back by a mutual friend. Also, I don't think hitting girls is uniquely a "Chinese" phenomenon...

Edited by ABCinChina