Chinese-Forums

Remember Hanzi pilot project

PanShiBo

Hi,

I am new here, so don't know know the exact rules. I thought it is better to ask first. I have a working idea of public-domain site for learning Chinese characters ( yet another web site, of course ). So my question is is it considered a spam if somebody posts web site address here, is it welcome / not welcome, or what is general attitude to this kind of stuff?

Thanks!

My initial thought, in all honesty, is 'what, another one'.

That said . . .

We ask people to get in touch before making posts like that. We'll take a look and check there's actual content there, and that it's of some value - there are many sites which are just another interface for CEDICT, or a copy and paste of articles about Chinese festivals and ethnic minorities and I see no reason to give them air-time. If there's a reasonable chance it's of actual value you get asked to post about it giving enough information that people can make a judgment on whether or not it's worth checking out and crucially, stating what marks it out from other similar sites.

That's my attitude. No idea what everyone else thinks. :P