Chinese-Forums

Work visa and Letter of Release

nickthemagic

• New Members

Hello,

I came to China with a tourist visa 2.5 months ago and after finding a teaching job I signed a contract and started working. As my tourist visa was expiring, with my documents (invitation and work license issued in China) I came back home to change it to a work visa. I applied for it already (pick up next week) but meanwhile I got a better job offer after having a Skype-interview today. Now my questions are:

1 - Do I need a letter of release from my current school to be able to sign a new contract with the new school? I have a contract but never got an alien employment permit and residence permit from them.

2- If I get a work visa and a letter of release at the same time from my current employer, can I use that work visa for my new school?

3- After the Chinese embassy issues a work visa for my current school, and I get a letter of release, would it be a problem to apply again for a new work visa with the new documents from my new school?

It is a bit of an urgent matter and I would really appreciate any answer.

Thank you.