Chinese-Forums

Pay of Software Testing & Localization jobs

muellhalde24

Hey all,

since my students visa expires soon, i am looking for a job and often find those "Localization / Software testing" kinda stuff at various IT outsourcing companies. I already had an interview for a full time position at a company called "Vance Info", but absolutely didnt know what to say when they suddenly asked me for how much pay I want. Did any of you guys here do such a job in the past? What should one say when asked for salary? Well I told her "9000 kuai" but dont know if I overshot the mark or sold myself short... anyway I then myself dropped out of the application process due to other reasons.

Any help is deeply appreciated, yours truly, muellhalde24

I don't have any payment information on current China IT market. But i would like to give some suggestion.

If you don't work in this field before, it would be hard to tell the salary level.

Usually, when human resource people asked you the salary expectation, you could answer your last similar job's payment with a little increase. If you are a fresh new in this field, I think you still can tell them you last job payment to indicate that is your past work value. If you want this job urgently, you can tell them that you are not firm tight to the salary, but hope they would give you a fair payment.

I believe the human resource people would think, if they give you a quite low salary to take advantage of you, the would not keep a good staff this way longer. Once you enter the field, get more information or channels, you probably would ask for increase or quit. In fact, no company would like to keep hiring people, which is also a cost for them. If they find you are a suitable one, they probably would give you a reasonable payment. Also, another negotiation skill is if your expectation is too low, they might think you are not confidence. Sure, if the salary expectation is unreasonable high, then it would harm your own's credibility as well. So, the past salary would be a good yardstick.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys!

Could anyone please give opinion to me about how much a person with a good daily usage Chinese and very good English level + one local language which is called 小语 would expect to get in kind of a job like full time translation/localization? The job requires usage of all these 3 languages. I have a bunch of part time experiences in the same field and a relevant degree from one of the top universities in my country (though I know nobody cares about it in China, LoL.

It is a Chinese company and they are looking for a foreigner, which means they must be ready to pay higher than the local Chinese people.

PS. I am a fresh graduate though I have some part time job and internship experience.

PS2. This job is in Beijing.

Thx for any idea!