Chinese-Forums

Families that have adopted Chinese children seeking friends

changdedad

Ni Hao Everyone ,

My name is Greg Miller & I am an American living just outside of New York City . My wife Barbara & I are also the proud & loving parents of Nicole Chang Sha Miller . Nikki , as we call her , was born in Changde , Hunan Province & we adopted her when she was 9 months old . She is now a big 8 year old .

I want Nikki to grow up being proud of her Chinese heritage & there are many Western families that have adopted children in China that feel the same way . I wanted to find a way to learn more about China so I could pass the knowledge onto Nikki & it ocurred to me if I had questions about China , who better to ask than the people of China themselves . Over 1 1/2 years ago I decided to start a group on the internet called FRIENDS IN MY HOMELAND . The purpose of the group is to provide a place where Western families that have adopted children in China can come together with people living in China to establish friendships & exchange knowledge of each others cultures . The group has grown to over 850 members since it was started & continues to grow . About half the members are adoptive parents from many different Western Countries & the rest of the members are many kind people from all parts of China . The web site for the group is private & only accessible to members in order to protect their privacy , but if you are interested in joining I would be happy to send you instuctions how to join . I know that many people in China , especially the people on this forum , are very interested in English . Joining the group could benefit you as well as the Western families seeking your friendship . If you wish to join please contact me directly by e-mailing me at changdedad@optonline.net & I will be happy to help you join . Thank you & hope to hear from many of you soon .

Zaijian - Greg Miller