Chinese-Forums

F Visa and Return Ticket

Hackney

• New Members

I'm applying for a 90 day F visa, after myself and the company employing me on an unpaid internship mistakenly believed you could get a 6 month F visa.

As I have already bought the planes tickets but with a 6 month gap between entry and exit I was wondering if it might be a problem for me boarding the plane without a return ticket withing the 90 days? If this is the case does anyone have any advice on purchasing cheap exit tickets?

• 2 weeks later...

This actually happened to someone I know at Paris CDG with British Airways I think.

But I guess this is really bad luck, and if this had not been his first trip to China he may have insisted more, I don't know...

I think it is absolute crap because while it is the airline's job to make sure you are not rejected at the entry it is none of their business what happens after (even the chinese embassy issued a Visa based on this plane ticket, right?)

I would "risk" it, the actual risk may be limited...

You could make sure to be at the airport in time, and check out in advance what options of fully refundable tickets exist at the airport for purchase just in case...

Besides that, the cheapest exit ticket would be a flight to Hongkong I guess - check ctrip.com

Who knows, maybe you will even use it to sort out your visa situation :)

That said, 3 months F extension (that is, renewal at the entry-exit bureau) are available with the right paperwork, and an exit to HK would in practice be cheaper by train/flight to Shenzhen and then metro/bus to HK.