Chinese-Forums

Flying Daggers

Alveranter

Anybody else who thought that Flying Daggers sucked?? The first 15 minutes were OK, but still petty compared to Hero. The rest turned out to be.. a disappointment. No man-to-man combats and especially no good story. What exactly was the plan of The flying daggers? To let one of their members purport to be their former leader's blind daughter so they could lure a policeman to their nest and then kill him.. (?) The ending was more or less risible.. everyone in the cinema laughed when Zang Ziyi persistently stayed in life in spite of daggers in her heart and huge loss of blood.. I don't think that was the intention.. The landscapes and colours were magnificent though, but not even close to Hero.. The only enticement to see the movie in my opinion is Zhang Ziyi =) But that's a problem too, it's like they've relied way too much on one (extremely) beautiful person in this one.. But the song at the beginning gave me goose pimples.. But the rest of the soundtrack? Was there any at all?

It got some good reviews however, wich surprises me, so it seems like some people do like it afterall. what do you think?

Bhchao:

I don't feel silly that Andy Lau and Takeshi Kaneshior fighting crazy at the end of the movie just for a woman.

In "Troy", two guys also fought crazy for unimaginable long period with the sacrifice of numerous innocent lives on both sides just for the sake of one woman (albeit an older one).

You certainly have never been deeply in love. When you really commit to love or being loved, you feel the earth moved and the stars glittered.

And at that moment, of course you will fight a woman you love with your life.

You certainly have never been deeply in love. When you really commit to love or being loved, you feel the earth moved and the stars glittered.

Oh my, you are wrong on that one. I certainly have, and lost. If I could do it all over again, I do it right the second time. I understand what you mean by that, because if I had to fight for this girl that I always had this special feeling for, I will definitely fight for her if the feeling is mutual and a conflict is provoked. If anything terribly bad happened, I rather have it happen to me than her.

It's just the way the two actors did it, like two kids tumbling on an open field, which looked very silly.

Another thing Ian. If Andy Lau really loves Zhang Ziyi in the movie, why kill her then? I would not call that love. More like an obsession and jealous rage, rather than real love.

Lau and Kaneshiro certainly wasn't fighting for a woman, because Zhang was presumed dead, and Kaneshiro was fighting Lau because he killed her.