Chinese-Forums

I need your assistance in translating a paper on corporate governance.

Kenny同志

Motivations are derived from a belief in the value of work to the wider organization rather than the reward system in place.

Could you rephrase this sentence for me? The structure (derived from … to…) somehow makes me suspicious of its correctness.

Davis, Schoorman and Donaldson posit a “redesign of jobs to increase skill variety, task identity, task significance, autonomy, and feedback”. These principles increase the growth of the worker and are consistent with the concepts in stewardship theory that lead to increased levels of performance.

Do “these principles” here refer to “increase skill variety, task identity, task significance, autonomy, and feedback”? What do the authors mean by “the growth of the worker”?

Identification occurs when managers define themselves in terms of their membership in a particular organization by accepting the organization's mission, vision, and objectives, producing a satisfying relationship.

Could someone tell me what is “identification” here?

The principal-agent relationship is considered by advocates as the predominant relationship in the economic model. Conversely, it is suggested that normative models of the organization promote self-actualization and stewardship theory based behaviors.

The word “conversely” the authors use here confuses me. The two sentences don’t seem to flow well logically. Any ideas?

先行謝過各位。

Motivations are derived from a belief in the value of work to the wider organization rather than the reward system in place.

工作的动力是出于工作本身的价值,而不是其奖励机制。

Davis, Schoorman and Donaldson posit a “redesign of jobs to increase skill variety, task identity, task significance, autonomy, and feedback”. These principles increase the growth of the worker and are consistent with the concepts in stewardship theory that lead to increased levels of performance.

Do “these principles” here refer to “increase skill variety, task identity, task significance, autonomy, and feedback”?

Yes.

What do the authors mean by “the growth of the worker”?

员工的成长。

Identification occurs when managers define themselves in terms of their membership in a particular organization by accepting the organization's mission, vision, and objectives, producing a satisfying relationship.

Could someone tell me what is “identification” here?

对团体的认同,也含有归属感的意思。

The principal-agent relationship is considered by advocates as the predominant relationship in the economic model. Conversely, it is suggested that normative models of the organization promote self-actualization and stewardship theory based behaviors.

The word “conversely” the authors use here confuses me. The two sentences don’t seem to flow well logically. Any ideas?

“Conversely" is not quite the right word here. "In contrast" would be better.

多謝Gato兄相助。

工作的动力是出于工作本身的价值,而不是其奖励机制。

But here you seemed to have left out “to the wider organization”?:P

非常谢谢,呵呵。