Chinese-Forums

Need JW202 and Q01 form?

MarsBlackman

I'm studying in Dalian in the spring and its about time I got my Visa stuff taken care of. I have a JW202 form from the University. I was told thats all I needed to apply, however I feel I need a Q01 form as well which is just the general application. Which is correct? Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Was this ever resolved? I got back from the PSB 20 minutes ago after being told that a JW202 and an admission letter from the school was not enough. She repeated several times that I need two application forms, but refused to tell me what the other one was, despite my asking for details several times.

Although looking back, I'm now wondering if it's possible that she only looked at one side of my two page admission notification, not seeing the Chinese side which is signed and stamped, and therefore assumed I was missing an admission letter?

Or is OP correct that two application forms are indeed needed? :conf

EDIT: I was not told specifically that a JW202 and an admission letter were not enough, but both items were among the papers I gave her, and she said it was incomplete and that I must get the other form from the school in addition to the JW202.

OK, talked to the PSB by phone just now. According to what I was told, the OP is correct: "however I feel I need a Q01 form as well which is just the general application".

The general application that OP must have been referring to is the 外国人签证,居留许可申请表. It can be found here(although this seems to be specifically a Beijing version, and the lady on the phone said this specific version is required if you're in Beijing) It is not labelled as Q01, so I don't know if that part is correct, but it is indeed the "general form", which makes me a bit angry knowing that they have a million of the forms sitting right there, 10 feet away, but the lady just made vague references to 另外一个申请表 that the school should give me, rather than showing me or giving me one.

The lady on the phone also said that this form must be stamped by the school. And don't forget your housing registration and health check papers.