Chinese-Forums

Help needed with translation

trash

• New Members

Hello!

I'm from Croatia and I don't speak a word of Chinese.

I was asked to translate subtitles for a Chinese film to the Croatian language.

The movie: Death and Glory in Changde

I have been translating from English, I'm nearing the end of the translation, but there is a portion of the movie that hasn't been translated to English.

I've made screenshots of the Chinese text and need help. I won't get paid for this translation, so I cannot pay anyone else to help me, either.

Here are the screenshots:

1zogeub.jpg

15wi434.jpg

3. this one doesn't seem to be as significant as the other two

e6bzp1.jpg

Oh, almost forgot. This is the first Chinese-English forum I stumbled upon on the Internet, the first place I dared to ask my silly question...

This is my first and quite possibly the only topic on this forum, I hope it's not a BIG problem to post it here.

沈东导演作品

Directed by Shen Dong

常德大血战,被称为中国的斯大林格勒保卫战。余程万率八千虎贲之师抗击三万入侵者,阻止了日军的进攻,有效地破坏了日军南下作战,牵制缅甸远征军的企图。日军共计伤亡4251人。

The Battle of Changde is called the Chinese version of the Battle of Stalingrad. Yu Chengwan, who was commanding eight thousand soldiers in resistance against 30 thousand Japanese invaders, thwarted their attack, and disrupted their operation towards the South which was aimed at tying down the Chinese Expeditionary Forces in Burma. A total of 4,251 Japanese soldiers were killed or injured in the battle.

1943年12月2日,常德失守。

1943年12月8日,余程万率军攻入城内,常德失而复得。

1944年,余程万因常德失守,被国民党军事法庭判处死刑。

经众将领和常德民众求情,改判为两年徒刑。

On December 2, 1943, Changde fell.

On December 8, 1943, Yu Chengwan fought back to Changde with his army and recovered the city.

In 1944, Yu Chengwan was given death penalty by the court-martial of Kuomingtang due to the fall of Changde. Through intercession from his soldiers and Changde people, the death penalty was lessened to a two-year prison sentence.

Hopefully my translation can help you.

Btw, I am from Changde. :mrgreen:

• Like 3