Chinese-Forums

BLCU Course Books

JenniferW

Can someone studying at BLCU answer a question for me about their course books - and HSK exams?

I'm studying part-time on my own in the UK, using the BLCU 汉语教程 series of books (bought on trips to Beijing). There are 4 books in the main series for the first year of a full-time course - and I'm on the third of those. I'm planning to take the new HSK Level 4 exam here in the UK in May - and I want to know how well these books are going to cover what I need to know for that. (I do have the HSK characters list and sample paper as well.) In other words, which level HSK exam would a grade 1 BLCU full-time student expect to tackle within that year?

In the UK, we now only get the new HSK exam. I got level 2 of the old HSK, then level 3 of the new HSK - now aiming for the next step up.