Chinese-Forums

Translation of English to Chinese - please help!

luluinsg

I will miss you when I go:

我走了以后会想你的!

Although literally translated, it means "I will think of you after I'm gone"...but I guess this is how you would express the one above (?)

I'm not quite sure...

I hate to use formal languages when you are speaking in real life, so make it more casual and real (the way you actually SAY it)

'I am very attracted to you' is 'wo3 hen3 xi3huan1 ni3' - 'I like you very much', Chinese is very subtle in describing love, when they say 'like', that's actually more than English's 'like', :))

'I will miss you when I go' is 'wo3 zou3le yi2ding4 hui4 xiang3 ni3 de' - 'I will for sure miss you after I leave'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

while we're on the subject, has anyone ever heard the colloquial expresison "哈死你", which some Taiwanese bloke i met once assured me means "i like you very much" or "love you to death" - possibly better said in a drunken situation than a romantic one? He swore me it was a very popular 说法 but i never heard it in Taiwan or otherwise.

Or maybe i just never met anyone who liked me enough to say it. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I think what you would like to express is 'I'll miss you when I leave"

我走了以后会想你的。WO3 ZOU3 LE YI3 HOU4 HUI4 XIANG3 NI3 DE

another is " I am very attracted by you." (actually, I never see the expression of " attacted to")

2nd is 我被你深深吸引了。WO3 BEI4 NI3 SHEN1 SHEN1 XI1 YIN3 LE

PS

I think you can count on my translation, coz I am native to Cantonese, mandarin and chaozhounese. And I also speak English and a little Japanese.

Hi there. Sorry to side-note the topic, but I saw the sentence wo3 zou3 le yi3 hou4 hui4 xiang3 ni3 de, and I wondered why that "de" was there. Would anyone mind filling me in real quick? Thanks.

(Sorry I don't have characters as I'm at work, but I'll be able to see them when I get your responses).

Sorry to side-note the topic, but I saw the sentence wo3 zou3 le yi3 hou4 hui4 xiang3 ni3 de, and I wondered why that "de" was there. Would anyone mind filling me in real quick? Thanks.

There is more to "de" but as a real quick, "de" here emphasizes what you're saying, that is: "hui4 xiang3 ni3". Therefore, it's similar to saying in English: "I'll miss you for sure".

By the way, I think you can also say:

wo3 zou3 le yi3 hou4 bu4 neng2 bu4 xiang3 ni3 de

(People with real experience please correct me with this sentence, if I'm wrong :D )

--------

Edit: A native speaker member has kindly pointed out that my suggested sentence sounds a bit awkward, so please ignore it!

:wall