Chinese-Forums

Why can't I right click to copy?

skylee

I am not sure if other people have this problem, but I can't right click to copy in the input area. When I right click in the input area I am only offered the paste option. If I want to copy anything in the input area I have to go to the "Edit" option on the bar at the top of the browser. Is it possible to just right click to get the copy option?

BTW, is the "New" posts function broken? All the new posts I have read are still there.

Hmm, what browser are you using? Right-click copy works for me (both when using the fast reply area and the full editor) in Firefox, although you need to make sure that text has been selected before right-clicking, otherwise it will remain greyed-out.

Alternatively, you could just use standard keyboard shortcuts CTRL-C to copy and CTRL-V to paste.

Not sure about the new posts function. Perhaps wait for Roddy to chime in.

I use IE7 and IE8/9 (not sure which). Thanks for reminding me of Ctrl+C. But still it would be good to be able to right click to copy.

I think the "New" posts function is still not working properly. I will try to mark all items as read to see if there will be any improvement.

• 3 months later...

I just want to report that I can now right click to copy at the reply box. The undo function has also returned. Have you guys done anything? If not, perhaps this has to do with the recent windows updates etc.