Chinese-Forums

Organizing my notes, songs, photos, links and experiences

Pengyou

I have accumulated a large number of files, notes, stickies, pictures, webpage links, html files and audio/video files about various aspects of living in China (cuisine, history, geography, language, etc). I am looking for one computer program that will let me store all of these resources and let me assign key words so that I can find the info easily. Does anyone know of such software? or can someone give me some effective search words to use to help me narrow down the hits that I get when I look?

Thanks!

Microsoft's Windows desktop search is actually better Google's, both in terms of speed and computing resources required (which makes sense, because for a low-level program the OS maker has a lot of advantages over any third-party programmer). Now that the MS desktop search is bulit into Windows, there is not much room for anyone else any kore. Google has pretty much abdanoned desktop search.

Yeah, make sure they have meaningful info somewhere in the folder path, filename, or tags, and then let Windows Desktop search index them.

ie,

Chinese Stuff/Travel/2010/Yunnan/old-lady-with-ugly-feet.jpg

It'll search inside text files, which is pretty handy.