Chinese-Forums

hours and course requirements blcu/beida/tshinghua/fudan

Arne

• New Members

I want to join a chinese for beginners/chinese introduction/chinese language and culture university program next fall. I need to take a university course to keep a scholarship. Any info about beida/blcu/qinghua/fudan programs when it comes to the following chinese programs would be appreciated:

Course requirements (papers, tests before the exam etc.) (I want few)

Flexible rules for attendance. (I will have studied chinese for a almost a year on my own before I begin and may therefore be wasting my time in some classes.

Afternoon classes. (I guess no explanation is required.)

Opportunities to meet english speaking and chinese students.

I assume most of the courses are focused on modern mandarin, if anyone is not that would be good to know. Final exams similar to the HSK is good.

Are some courses more difficult than others?

Admission requirements. (While my grades are good I think chinese admissions officers may be less than excited about the amount of days I did not show up for class in HS and the two year vacation after it, the more of a formality (transaction) the admission is the better).