Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Computer terms in Chinese


Recommended Posts

Hi everybody,

I was wondering how computer terms are translated in Chinese

How do you call:

- Software

- Hardware

- Computer program

- Monitor

- Programmer

- Program design(er)

- Functional design(er()

- Technical design(er)

- Computer graphics

- 3D animator

- Harddisk

- Online

- Internet

- Computer game

- etc?

Thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is An English-Chinese Glossary of IT Terms ->


and a database for Chinese computer terminology ->


I prefer traditional Chinese. But if you want you can switch to simplified by clicking the icon. If you can't find a term there, try search for it using a Chinese search engine and you might get the Chinese term.

- Software = 軟件

- Hardware = 硬件

- Computer program = 電腦程式

- Monitor = 顯示器

- Programmer = 程式編寫員

- Program design(er) = 程式設計(員)

- Functional design(er) = 功能設計(員)?

- Technical design(er) = 技術設計(員)?

- Computer graphics = 電腦圖形

- 3D animator = 三維動畫師

- Harddisk = 硬磁碟

- Online = 聯機

- Internet = 互聯網

- Computer game = 電腦遊戲

My pleasure. 8)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...