Chinese-Forums

IME and Mozilla

Alhazred

I'm not sure you can get IME to work in non MS apps on W98. I remember trying and trying to get it to work with Yahoo Messenger, but it never did - although MSN Messenger worked fine.

Can you copy and paste from another app into Firefox? That's what I used to do.

On the upside, you should find all these problems disappear when you upgrade to XP.

Roddy

I remember trying and trying to get it to work with Yahoo Messenger, but it never did - although MSN Messenger worked fine.

Thats not true, at least it isn't for my computer :(

IE works fine with the Global IME thing, but MSN Messenger isn't supported. In other words, I just cannot choose Chinese from the language list, it's just not there while having activated the MSN window.

I can read characters allright but the top right corner bar which appears in IE and Outlook for instance and lets me choose whether to type French or Chinese does not appear in Mozilla. Changing character encoding doesn't make it appear either. As Roddy says, it seems it will only work with MS apps...