Chinese-Forums

春晚

abcdefg

I watched in Kunming, but it shows everywhere in China on 除夕 New Year's Eve at 8 pm on CCTV Channel 1. You may know it by its longer name, 春节联欢晚会. Quite the spectacle.

I'm wondering if the magician 魔术师 who did the fish tricks this year is the same young chap who did such a good job last year with the rings and cards and moving things through glass?

A bunch of my Chinese friends were upset because apparently their are rumors (not sure where they got the information) that the fish trick was done by making the fish swallow magnets, and the fish, due to this, could only live 6-7 days.

Also, I heard of rumors that fights broke out after the program because of some sort of ethnic tensions. Apparently certain 民族 groups were angry because they weren't represented in the program.

Anyone else hear about this?

No,they are not the same one.last year's magician called Liu Qian 刘谦,from taiwan.This year's magician called Fu Yandong 傅琰东

Thanks. I was hoping Liu Qian 刘谦 would be back; I liked him better.