Chinese-Forums

What's next?

chasen

Hello everyone!

I am glad to have found this awsome resource.

I have a dilema. I am very dedicated to learning Chinese. I have completed all thre levels of the pimsleur mandarin series, as well as a little styding of other resources here and there.

But what should I do next? I don't want to loose everything I have learned. I want to move onto text books, but what is the best? Also, what level should I start at? I noticed a lot of resources out there focus on the basics (tones etc...) which I feel I am passed.

Likewise the pimsleur series taught no writing. I have learned some on my own, but I feel short changed not knowing how to read very well as compared to my speaking ability.

Any help and/or advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I have a dilema. I am very dedicated to learning Chinese. I have completed all thre levels of the pimsleur mandarin series, as well as a little styding of other resources here and there. But what should I do next?

I don't quite think that this is a dilemma but is just a normal development. There are many possibilities opening to you and you just have to consider which would suite you best. For example:

Enroling on some course either in your country or in China,

Going to China for a while and do something there,

Buy some text books & dictionaries to cover what Pimsleur didn't teach you, etc.

If you can narrow down the possibilities for your own case, members here may be able to help you with more specific advice.