Chinese-Forums

Ready to book my ticket, but a question on accomodation

Jizzosh

I will be arriving in Beijing toward the end of January and I would like to see what your opinions are on the subject of accomodation. I have the options of staying in a hotel, which even using the discount I'll get would be much more expensive than anything else, staying in a youth hostel, or staying in the BLCU dorms. I plan to be in Beijing for almost two years, so I will be getting an apartment shortly after I arrive, but I'll need a base of operation until I'm prepared to undertake that feat.

So, do you know of any great hostels or are the dorms satisfactory, or is there a website for homestays or anything of that nature? I don't plan on bringing anything more than clothing, and since I'm taller than most people, I doubt anyone would want my laundry.

So, what do you guys think?

Since you will be arriving during the spring holiday, you might want to look into a short term rent, since a bunch of students will be out of town. I think that starting in december there will be adds of students renting out their apartments while they are out of town. Actually, I might be one of them.

And as for BLCU, they refused to rent to me, for two weeks, before I was properly signed in an paid up, so you should clairfy that before you go.