Chinese-Forums

Chinese Pop Charts?

zhuhao

Just wondering if anyone knew where I could find pop charts for the various Chinese pop scenes? Obviously, there are lots of them put out by lots of different people, but I was wondering if there was any sales authority on this topic? Like Billboard for America or Oricon for Japan? And how far they go back.

I just found these things on Sound Cloud and would love to do ones for the various Chinese scenes:

http://soundcloud.com/mjs538/five-seconds-of-every-1-pop-1

http://soundcloud.com/mjs538/five-seconds-of-every-1-pop-2

I find this really interesting, I'd love to see a list like that! I am attending popular music studies, and I'm really interested in China's views on western popular music, particulary how it has influenced the popular music of China today. Does anyone know of any books/media/webpages where one can find such information? I've found some wikis, but they do not have the historical facts that I'd love to have.

I'm really interested in China's views on western popular music, particulary how it has influenced the popular music of China today. Does anyone know of any books/media/webpages where one can find such information?

Rock in China wiki has a really good collection of articles on researching the history of the rock scene in China, particularly this page. I know it's a wiki, but there are plenty of references and sources that might help you out. Hope it's helpful!

@imron, thanks for that! I was looking for something more historical, though, and a little more reliable. Surely some entity or another tracks song sales, especially in HK and TW...