Chinese-Forums

How do I say....

Guest Harry_Mudd

:shock:

Hi, I want to ask a lady to be my cleaner. My Chinese isn't good ebough, and her Englsih is zero.

How to I say..

I want you to clean my house. Please come every Thursday. I will pay Yxxxx per month.

----------------

I know the days, months, numbers, kuai etc, but how do i string them in with the maid service bit?

:?

Ok, I have time to come up with a more helpful answer now.

I'd be inclined to break this up into a conversation. If you try and get the three points (the request, the time, and the payment) all out in one sentence you run the risk of confusion - you'd never say to another native speaker of English

I want you to clean my house. Please come every Thursday. I will pay Yxxxx per month.

I'd probably try

我想让你到我家来打扫卫生, 可以吗?

wo xiang rang ni dao wo jia lai dasao weisheng, keyi ma?

I'd like to ask you to come to my house and clean, ok?

你每个星期四来, 行吗?

ni mei ge xingqisi lai, xing ma?

you come every Thursday, ok?

每月给5000元, 怎么样?

mei yue gei wu qian yuan, zenmeyang?

how about every month give 5000Y? (5000Y is of course the minimum salary for cleaners in Beijing now)

I'm not too sure if I've used dasao weisheng correctly. or indeed if I've used any of the words correctly . . .

Roddy

I think Roddy's answers are OK. Just drop "衛生" (weisheng).

But wouldn't it be better to hire someone through an agency etc? (Sorry I have no idea how to hire a cleaning lady in China.)

(BTW, I've found that I could not recognize the simplified form of the word "衛" if it is not written together with "生" as it is so different from the traditional form.)

Roddy, u did a great job! ur chinese is perfect! i hope my english some day as good as ur chinese!

我想让你到我家来打扫卫生, 可以吗?

its good enough! and if u wanna be more polite, u can add "帮忙“

我想让你到我家来帮忙打扫卫生, 可以吗?